RSS

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Week 15 - Annyeonghi Gaseyo~_^

This is my last entry. So, as instructed, the last entry's going to be an entry for reflection. A reflection upon what have we been through during this course.

1) What do you like about blogging?

Blogging helps me to improve my writing skills as I've to write a weekly entry of what have we learned in that particular week. It also has improved my critical thinking as I have to reflect upon the lessons. That I tend to see things learned from a teacher's point of view.

2) What you don't like about blogging?

As this blog is particularly meant to post WEEKLY entries, hence, it's kind of hard for me to give my best in writing the entries as there were many other tasks from other subjects that I also have to meet the deadlines. So, I had to force myself to get the entries done in time though I myself did not satisfied with my pieces of writing in this blog.I know I could do better. But, it's a matter of time that distracted from giving my best in writing the entries.

3) What have you gained from blogging?

As I mentioned earlier, blogging has improved my critical thinking and also my writing skills.

How?

As I have to post weekly entries, I tend to respond to lessons from the classes in a way of a teacher's point of view. Critical thinking did play an important role to give my responses as I reflected through the lessons for me to post in the entries. And to channel my ideas and opinions upon what I have been learning in this subject, of course it's through writing. To post the entries, it's somehow has improved my writing skills as I tried my best to put my ideas and opinions into words so that readers out there can get the messages of what I tried to tell.

4) What do you like about this course?

This course has improved my technological skills that I know I wouldn't have the chance to learn if not it's this course that offered the opportunity to acquire the related skills in technology. In fact, the modules given were the main medium for me to learn the technological skills that later could be used in creating appropriate teaching aids for my teaching purposes. I learned many new things regarding to technology, got great exposure to softwares that I never even knew or used before. It's indeed a great learning experience for me.

5) What you do not like about this course?

Personally, it would be better if the modules were given at the early beginning of the semester so that we would not run out of time getting things to get done in time. =)

6) What have you learnt from this course?

Obviously, I learned lots of technological skills from this course. Be it computer and internet skills, photo editing, audio editing, video editing etc. In fact, all the skills learned helped me to be a better 21st century teacher as I now know how to make use all the skills in preparing technological teaching aids to make my teaching be more interesting that the pupils can learn at their best.

7) What have you learnt from this course that you did not expect to?

I never expected this course to deal ONLY with technology since the course title itself 'Using and Developing Resources for the ESL Classroom' gave me the first impression that I'll deal with non-technological ones, on how to use and to develop the non-technological teaching resources.

8) What have you expected but you do not learn from this course?

As I mentioned just now, I expected that I'll learn on how to use and to develop NON-technological teaching resources. Instead, what I've learned were all about technology. And it's great! I could expand my skills in using technology for my teaching purposes then.

9) Comments regarding modules:

A) Module 1 (Computer and internet skills)

1.What do you like about this module?

It taught me with variety of skills regarding to internet and computer use. I've been introduced to many new softwares.

2. What do you not like about this module?

With so many applications and softwares that were to be downloaded from the internet, it somehow put my laptop security to be at risk from adwares, spywares, malwares and viruses.

3. What do you like about the task given for this module?

I got the chance to practice the skills learned from this module by completing the tasks given. I like the idea of having individual work, pair work and group work for the tasks.

4. What do you not like about the task given for this module?

So far, I'm okay with the tasks given.

5. What are the specific skills that you learn in this module?

Some of the skills that I learned are downloading, uploading, converting, encoding and storing files.

6. How the skills learnt in this module can help in the making and choosing of teaching aids for the ELT classroom?

With the skills learnt, I now know lots of resources from the internet (the websites and applications etc) on where to find appropriate teaching aids for my teaching purposes.

B) Module 2 (Photo editing skills)

1. What do you like about this module?

I've been exposed to many new softwares that can be used for photo editing.

2. What do you not like about this module?

It's disappointing to find that some of the tutorials in the module are not well explained where there are many important steps that have been skipped and not stated. In fact, some of the skills are left blank with no print screens on how to show the steps. Thus making us confused to follow the steps in the tutorials.

3. What do you like about the task given for this module?

It somehow helped me to practice my newly-acquired skills in photo editing.

4. What do you not like about the task given for this module?

It took time to edit photos so that they can be used in the teaching contexts for the pupils' learning.

5. What are the specific skills that you learn in this module?

I learnt on how to join 2 pictures together,cropping pictures, adding texts on the images etc.

6. How the skills learnt in this module can help in the making and choosing of teaching aids for the ELT classroom?

I can use authentic pictures and get them edited to suit with my teaching contexts.

C) Module 3 (Audio editing skills)

1. What do you like about this module?

It contains with different new softwares and applications to edit audio files.

2. What do you not like about this module?

So far, I'm okay with the module.

3.What do you like about the task given for this module?

I can apply my new skills in audio editing and make them into practice by completing the tasks given.

4.What do you not like about the task given for this module?

Nothing's wrong with the tasks.

5. What are the specific skills that you learn in this module?

I learned to join 2 songs together, to change the songs' pitch, to increase tempo and to upgrade sound, for examples.

6. How the skills learned in this module can help in the making and choosing of teaching aids for the ELT classroom?

I can make use of various songs other than nursery rhymes and edit them to suit with my teaching contexts to the pupils.

D) Module 4 (Video editing skills)

1. What do you like about this module?

I learned many new softwares regarding to video editing and got exposed to different ways on editing videos.

2. What do you not like about this module?

So far, I'm okay with the module.

3. What do you like about the task given for this module?

I can practice the skills that I've learned from this module upon completing the tasks given.

4. What do you not like about the task given for this module?

Perhaps, there should be further explanations regarding to the tasks given so that we can have clearer understanding on what should be done.

5. What are the specific skills that you learn in this module?

I learned on how to convert raw videos to different video formats, extracting pictures from video, joining files etc.

6. How the skills learnt in this module can help in the making and choosing of teaching aids for the ELT classroom?

I can edit the videos to suit with the learning contexts of the pupils. In fact, it is good to extract pictures from the videos used as they can help to trigger the pupils' interest upon the introduction of the learning, for example.

E) Module 5 (Software for ELT)

1. What do you like about this module?
It helped me to 'get to know' Ms. Publisher even better and has improved my basic skills in using Ms. Publisher for different purposes.

2. What do you not like about this module?

So far, I'm okay with the module.

3. What do you like about the task given for this module?

It gave us personal experience to create own brochures, pamphlets, business card etc.

4.What do you not like about the task given for this module?

Too much of works to complete the tasks.

5. What are the specific skills that you learn in this module?

I learned on how to make flyers, business card, envelope etc.

6. How the skills learnt in this module can help in the making and choosing of teaching aids for the ELT classroom?

I can make use of the skills learned from this module especially during my teaching times at school. Things regarding to school activities where it is essential to use Ms. Office Publisher to get the activities done. Flyers, pamphlets etc.

10. If you can change anything about this course, state what it is and elaborate?

I want to start giving out the modules to the students earlier, at beginning of the semester. If possible, starting from the second week of the semester so that we won't rush to complete all the 5 modules and tasks given just before the study week.

On a scale of 1-10, please rate your computing and technological skills for both before and after undergoing the course.

Before: 2 After: 6





No comments:

Post a Comment